The New Building Society (NBS) Second Division 40-Over Cricket Competition, organised by the Berbice Cricket Board, gets cracking tomorrow with 47 first round matches.
One hundred teams have registered to participate in the competition and have therefore been divided up in to seventeen zones, covering nearly all of the geographical areas of the Ancient County, with the Berbice Cricket Board (BCB) fulfilling its mandate to promote the game throughout Berbice.
First round matches in sixteen of the seventeen zones are scheduled for tomorrow while the Berbice River/Canje Creek zone is scheduled to commence next week Friday.
Zone A – West Coast Berbice (West)
1. Paradise vs Rainbow Generation of Seafield at Paradise
2. Bush Lot United vs Achievers of Lovely Lass at Bush Lot
3. Hopetown United vs Bush Lot Challengers at Hopetown.
Zone B – West Coast Berbice (East)
1. Woodley Park Young Strikers vs bath at Woodley Park
2. Sundown of Cotton Tree vs Silver Park of No. 6 at Cotton Tree
Cotton Tree Die Hard Bye
Zone C – West Bank Berbice
1. Blairmont Community Centre vs D’Edward A at Blairmont
2. Shieldstown vs D’Edward B at Shieldstown
3. Rosignol United vs No. 3 at Rosignol
Zone D – East Bank Berbice/West Canje
1. West Canje vs Glasgow New Scheme at Lochaber
2. Flying Star of Kortheberaadt vs Overwinning Bible Church at Kortheberaadt
3. Sisters vs Edinburgh at Sisters.
Zone E – New Amsterdam/East Canje West
1. Defenders of Angoy’s Avenue vs East Canje at Cumberland
2. Seawell vs Young Warriors at Seawell
3. Police vs Memorex Tucber Park A at B.H.S
Zone F –East Canje East
1. Gangaram Strykers vs Young & Restless of Reliance at Gangaram
2. Goed Bananen Land vs Celebrity Times of Cumberland at Goed Bananen Land
3. Canefield vs Memorex Tucber Park B at Rose Hall
Zone G – East Coast/Lower Corentyne West
1. Gibraltar/Courtland vs Kendall’s Union A at Courtland
2. Fyrish vs No. 1 Road at Fyrish
3. Kendall’s Union B vs Chesney at No. 19
Zone H – Lower Corentyne West
1. Jai Hind of Albion Front vs Fyrish Road at Albion Front
2. High Reef vs Albion Community Centre at High Reef
3. Tamarind Root of Hampshire vs Travellers of Albion Front at Hampshire
Zone I – Lower Corentyne Central
1. Port Mourant A vs Port Mourant B at Port Mourant
2. Tain Block Four vs Rose Hall Town Bakewell at Tain Block Four
3. Belvedere United vs Nigg Intruders at Rose Hall Town
Zone J – Lower Corentyne East/Central Corentyne West
1. Johns vs Letterkenny Young Star at Johns
2. Whim National A vs Big Star at Letterkenny
3. Adventure Warriors vs Whim National B at Adventure
Zone K – Black Bush Polder/Central Corentyne Central
1. Mibicuri Striker vs Lesbeholden at Mibicuri
2. Kildonan vs Yakusari Caribs at Bush Lot Farm
3. Johanna Young Ivory vs Kennard’s Memorial at Johanna
Zone L – Central Corentyne West/Upper Corentyne North
1. No. 43 Scorpion vs No. 35 Young Adventurers at No. 43
2. No. 45 vs No. 47 Pioneer at No. 45
3. No. 52 Survival vs No. 48 Challengers at No. 52
Zone M – Upper Corentyne North
1. No. 55 Mayflower vs No. 57 silver Star at No. 55
2. No. 64 Fighting marines vs No. 64 Young Warriors at No. 63
3. No. 59 vs No. 65 at No. 59
Zone N – Upper Corentyne Central
1. No. 69 Vikings vs No. 68 Turn Team at No. 69
2. No. 70 Young Star vs No. 70 M.Y.O at No. 70
3. No. 70 Wrong Turn vs No. 69 Red Rose at No. 70
Zone O – Upper Corentyne North
1. No. 71 vs No. 70 Young Blood at No. 71
2. No. 72 All Star vs No. 72 Cut & Load at No. 72
3. No. 73 Young Warriors vs Strykers of No. 78 at No. 73
Zone P – Upper Corentyne North
1. Crabwood Creek vs Skeldon Community Centre at Crabwood Creek
2. Kim Il Sung vs Crabwood Creek Rising at Skeldon
3. Unity of Skeldon Line Path vs Springlands at Scottsburg.
All of the matches are scheduled to start at 09.30 hours.
Jun 03, 2020By Franklin Wilson Just over a year ago, the weekend of May 4th & 5th, 2019 to be exact, the powerlifting duo of Carlos Petterson-Griffith and Ms. Junica Pluck left these shores to compete at the...
Jun 03, 2020
Jun 03, 2020
Jun 03, 2020
Jun 02, 2020
Jun 02, 2020
In March 2016, I got into a big newspaper clash with Henry Jeffrey over a statement he made. I thought it was extremely... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]