An early morning fire destroyed the upper flat of a house at lot 59 D’Urban Street, Lodge, yesterday, leaving two persons homeless.
According to information reaching this newspaper, the blaze began at around 5am, while the two occupants were asleep. However, they both managed to escape without injuries.
One of the occupants, Vernie Hamilton had to be taken to the hospital because she suddenly fell ill, as she “was in shock” when she woke up and saw that her home was on fire.
Kaieteur News was told that items resembling bottle bombs were found on the scene after firemen managed to extinguish the blaze. Investigations are continuing.
Aug 24, 2019Guyana’s fortunes at the female football development level continued its encouraging results trend when the Under-17 Lady Jags hammered St. Vincent & the Grenadines 6-2 in the opening game of a...
U.S. President Donald Trump’s new rule on immigration and nationality, published on Monday, August 12, is not different... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]