Latest update May 24th, 2026 12:45 AM
Jul 21, 2025 News
(AL-JAZEERA) At least 115 people, including 92 aid seekers, have been killed by Israeli attacks across Gaza Sunday, with more than 200 people wounded.
Two more Palestinians, including a 35-day-old infant, have died of malnutrition at Gaza City’s al-Shifa Hospital.
The aid-seekers were killed after an Israeli attack near the Zikim crossing in northern Gaza.
Ahmed Hassouna, who was trying to bring food back from the GHF aid site, said an Israeli tank “came at us from the side”.
“There was a young man with me, too – and they started firing gas at us. They killed us with the gas. We barely made it out to catch a breath, they suffocated us with the gas,” Hassouna told Al Jazeera.
Moreover, Rizeq Betaar, who was also at the Zikim crossing, said they saw a young man lying on the ground with no ambulances in sight.
“We were the ones who carried him on the bicycle. We’re still trying to get him to help — may all of this go into our book of good deeds, O Lord. There are no ambulances, no food, no life, no way to live anymore. We’re barely hanging on. May God relieve us”, Betar told Al Jazeera.
Israeli attacks on aid seekers have become a common occurrence at aid distribution sites run by the GHF.
Al Jazeera’s Hind Khoudary, reporting from Deir el-Balah in central Gaza, said more than 900 Palestinians have been killed at aid sites since the GHF began food distributions in late May.
Juliette Touma, UNRWA’s director of communications, said last week that the agency had 6,000 trucks waiting at the border with Egypt and Jordan, and the food would expire soon if UNRWA were not allowed to deliver it to Palestinians.
A source at Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital reported that a Palestinian woman was killed and others were wounded in an Israeli attack that targeted a house in the south of Deir el-Balah in the central Gaza Strip.
Israeli forces set fire to several homes in the Nur Shams refugee camp, east of Tulkarem in the occupied West Bank, according to local sources cited by Wafa news agency.
Soldiers reportedly torched homes in the al-Manshiya neighbourhood while maintaining a tight siege on the camp for the 162nd consecutive day. Military vehicles and infantry units have been widely deployed in the area, turning evacuated homes into military outposts and opening fire on anyone attempting to approach the camp.
Over recent weeks, Nur Shams has witnessed widespread demolition, with 48 residential buildings already destroyed, part of an Israeli plan to raze 106 buildings across the Nur Shams and Tulkarem camps, Wafa said. Bulldozers have opened wide roads through neighbourhoods, dividing communities and displacing thousands, it added.
In the adjacent Tulkarem camp, Wafa said Israeli forces continued demolition work that began last week, now targeting additional residential buildings. The military campaign, now in its 175th day, seeks to demolish 104 buildings housing about 400 homes.
The ongoing incursion has forcibly displaced more than 5,000 families – more than 25,000 residents – from both camps. More than 600 buildings have been completely destroyed, while 2,573 homes have sustained partial damage, it added.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Your children are starving, and you giving away their food to an already fat pussycat.
May 24, 2026
Kaieteur Sports – In celebration of Guyana’s 60th Independence Anniversary, the Lusignan Golf Club will host the Ready Mix Concrete Limited / Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport Independence...May 24, 2026
(Kaieteur News) – Guyana today enjoys one of the most enviable fiscal positions in the developing world. Its debt-to-GDP ratio remains moderate, debt servicing costs are manageable, and rising oil revenues have dramatically strengthened the country’s balance sheet. Yet these comforting...May 17, 2026
By Sir Ronald Sanders (Kaieteur News) – An attempt is now being made by a few member states of the Organization of American States (OAS), using procedural manoeuvres, to prevent a proposed “Declaration on the Rights of Persons and Peoples of African Descent” from proceeding to the OAS...May 24, 2026
Hard Truths by GHK Lall (Kaieteur News) – I must be franker than usual with my fellow Guyanese. Whenever I hear three words in the hallowed English Language I cringe. They are not ‘I love you.’ The three words that cause considerable unease are sanctity of contract. Hence, I must be...Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: glennlall2000@gmail.com / kaieteurnews@yahoo.com