The African Cultural & Developmental Association’s (ACDA) sports committee is set to host their annual Emancipation day of sports today at the National Park commencing at 11:00hrs.
The will be a total of 15 events being competed in the one-day event that is being coordinated by Johnny ‘Overseas’ Barnwell with trophies and medals being up for grab. The events are as follows
– 75 balls circle tennis competition for area mix teams
– 4-over softball cricket for females
– 4-over softball males
– 5-a-side and penalty shootout small goal football for area teams
– 5-a-side and penalty shootout small goal football for under-13 teams
– 5-a-side and penalty shootout small goal football match for females
– Domino competition
– Boxing Display exhibition for club teams
– 60 meters children’s race for boys and girls
– 40 and 60 meters races for the blind
– 5-mile freedom race (Mahaicony)
– Ice-cream competition for the blind
– Ice-cream competition for children
– 5-mile freedom race (Georgetown)
According to organiser, ‘Overseas’ Barnwell, the aim of the events is to see the youths in action demonstrating their skills, while bringing them closer to clubs in sports. The teams taking part are from Georgetown, East Bank, East Coast Demerara and West Coast Berbice.
Sep 21, 2018Eagles edged Vikings Basketball Club 76-74 to return to winning ways on Wednesday night during Second Division play of the Georgetown Amateur Basketball Association (GABA)/Rainforest Waters/Malta...
Thirty years ago, as a columnist replying to Harry Hergash, who ran away from his country almost fifty years ago, I would... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]