Samaroo’s Investment wishes to respond to Mr. Juan Edghill’s missive in the June 2, 2018 edition of Kaieteur Newspaper and further derogatory reporting by Stabroek News in their online version on June 4, 2018.
We wish to state categorically that our company refutes these claims of collusion and corruption and would like to set the records straight as follows:
(1) Samaroo Investment has known the consultant in a professional capacity due to previous design works the consultant undertook for us back in 2015. There is no further dependence beyond contractual and professional responsibilities.
(2) The letter of credit in question was issued in January 2017 to support a design-build job, which would have involved both companies participating in their respective professional capacities. This letter of credit became null and void by May/June 2017, when the tenders for Three Friends pump station were advertised.
The NDIA also recently confirmed that there was no financial requirement under their tender and the letter of credit was not part of the evaluation of the bids.
(3) A letter of credit is not an advance or an intention to advance any payments.
(4) Our company does not offer financial support to sustain the consultant or any other company as is purported.
(5) The project at Three Friends has been undertaken by all parties involved in a professional manner; not necessarily harmonious, as there have been several conflicts and disagreements. The project will stand up to any scrutiny and the public should be aware that these projects are audited by the Auditor General’s office.
In the past we have had absolutely no issues with auditing of our projects and we are confident, Three Friends pump station will be the same.
(6) Our relationship with NDIA staff is strictly professional and all parties are guided by the roles and responsibilities through our contractual relationship.
We once again denounce these malicious attacks on our company’s good name. General Manager,
Oct 23, 2018Two helmet-tricks, three hat-tricks and an equal amount of doubles were recorded on an eventful opening day of the Third edition of the East Bank Football Association / Ralph Green Under-11 League...
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]