The 2nd Edition of the Berbice Cricket Board Under-21 Cricket Tournament continued on Sunday with defending Champion Blairmont, Rose Hall Town Gizmos & Gadgets, Albion, Tucber Park and Young Warriors advancing to the playoff segment. The tournament which is being sponsored by the Cosmetics brand, Elizabeth Styles has proven to be very popular with cricket fans in the Ancient County, while it has also showcased the high level of talents available in Berbice, one of the main objectives of the Under-21 Cup.
Rose Hall Town Gizmos & Gadgets, Blairmont, Tucber Park have advanced to the Semifinals, while Albion and Young Warriors would clash in a playoff match to determine the 4th Semifinal position.
Scores in the second round matches are:
1) Tucber Park Cricket Club defeated Upper Corentyne by 107 runs at Kendall’s Union. Leon Swammy top scored with 49 and received support from A. Ramsammy 20 and N. Liverpool 29 as Tucber Park rattled up 179 all out in 40.2 overs. Zakeel Gordon took 3 for 47, Afsar Hussain 2 for 26 and Totoram Rajaram 2 for 17 for Upper Corentyne, who were bowled out for 72 in 23-overs as Swammy took 4 for 26 and Raymond Vankenic 6 for 23.
2) Blairmont Cricket Club crushed D’Edward Cricket Club by seven wickets. D’Edward were bowled out for 114 in 33.2 overs with Dilanauth Persaud 42 and Wasim Inshan 21 being the principal scorers. Seon Glasgow 3 for 20, Keon Gangoo 3 for 25 and Nigel Deodat 3 for 20 were the destroyers for Blairmont who cruised to 118 for 3 in 16.1 overs. Deodat was 36 not out, while Jared Karim 34 and Saheed Khan 25 offered support.
3) An impressive Albion Cricket Team crushed a hapless Ramnarine Memorial Team by 297 runs at Port Mourant. Antonio February stroked a classy 139. Kevin Omroa 40, while extras provided a healthy 55 runs as Albion amassed 339 all out in 47 overs. In response Ramnarine Memorial had no answer to the left arm spinner of Kevin Omroa who claimed 5 for 12 and Mahendra Chaitram 2 for 5 as they were bowled out for a meager 42 in just 14 overs.
4) Young Warriors Cricket Club defeated Tamarind Root Cricket Club by 84 runs at the Cumberland Ground. Led by Alex Algoo 34, K. Ramdehol 77, Trevon Stanislaus 39 and Ronaldo Dorway 37, the home team reached 261 from 40 overs. Leg spinner Brandon Prashad took 3 for 37 from eight overs. Tamarind Root in reply were bowled out for 177 in 37 overs with K. Seeraj 27, Brandon Prashad 37 and R. Mahadeo 24 being the main scorers. Algoo returned with the ball to claim 4 for 24 from 5 overs.
5) At the Hampshire Ground, Rose Hall Town Gizzmos & Gadgets Under-21 easily defeated Paradise Cricket Club of West Coast, Berbice by nine wickets. Paradise made 99 not out. Orlando Lowenfield 22, Peter Reid 20. Kevin Sinclair took 3 for 23, Keith Simpson 3 for 5, Nicholas Lawson 2 for 10 and Sylus Tyndall 2 for 23 for Rose Hall Town Gizmos & Gadgets who reached 103 for 1 in 11.2 overs. Kevin Sinclair made 60 not out, Junior Sinclair 32 and Kevlon Anderson 11 not out.
Jun 06, 2020By Sean Devers Regarded by many in the local Rugby fraternity, including National Captain Jamal Angus, as the best teenage Rugby talent in Guyana, fly-half Tyrese Prescod seems well poised to...
Jun 06, 2020
Jun 06, 2020
Jun 05, 2020
Jun 04, 2020
Jun 04, 2020
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]