The Guyana Olympic Association (GOA) in its continuing efforts to assist with the development of athletes via the respective associations and federations affiliated to the association has set criteria for its affiliates to benefit.
Affiliated to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the GOA has noted in the missive sent out that each year it offers financial and other support but despite its best efforts just a few of its affiliates provide information which allows the entity to plan for the year in an efficient manner.
Given this fact, the GOA has written its affiliates seeking the early submission of the required information that would allow the GOA to assist.
Following is the list of requirements that has to be submitted by January 25, 2018.
Detailed 2018 calendar specifying:
1. Names and dates of all events in which the Federation will be participating
2. Names and dates of any international events being hosted by the Federation
3. Events for which it is hoped that the GOA can provide support
4. Kind of support needed in each case
2. In the case of National Federations planning to send athletes to the 2020 Olympic Games
1. List of qualifying events in which you hope to participate
2. Names of all athletes being prepared for the 2020 Games
Please note that there will be the following additional requirements for those who require funding or any other form of support:
1. Ensure that your annual affiliation fee is paid to the GOA
2. Meet all deadlines set by the GOA
3. Submit the attached Athlete and Official Registration form for ALL POSSIBLE Athletes and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 by January 25, 2018
4. Submit the “Guyana RTP Information from NSFs – 2018” form by January 25, 2018. Note that this must include, but is not limited to, the athletes listed in point 2.2 above.
5. Have ALL POSSIBLE Athletes (14 years and over) and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 attend an Anti-Doping talk during January/February 2018 (except those who attended one of the November/December 2017 talks).
6. Have ALL POSSIBLE Athletes (14 years and over) and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 submit monthly Whereabouts Forms (attached). Note that the form for January 2018 is due during the last week of December 2017.
7. Have ALL POSSIBLE Athletes (14 years and over) and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 and who have been prescribed medication which is on the 2018 Prohibited List submit Therapeutic Exemption Application Forms.
Affiliates have been advised that they need to clearly understand that support for them in general and specific athletes in particular will only be provided based on submission of the Federation’s annual plan and the Athlete’s and Federation’s submission of all required anti-doping information.
Oct 13, 2019Barbados Tridents won their second Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) title as Guyana Amazon Warriors’ perfect season unraveled at the worst possible moment. The Warriors had won all 11 matches...
Cyril Belgrave, one of the finest politicians the PPP produced, died this week. His death coincided with information I stumbled... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]