Oct 31, 2016 News
The students and parents of Morgan Learning Centre, heroically saved the Police Sports Club from being burnt to the ground, after assisting to put out a fire caused by faulty wiring.
The students were at the ground for their annual sports day activities, when they noticed smoke coming from the eastern side of the building.
Orin Morgan told Kaieteur News that from what he could see, some old mattresses which were being stored under the Sports Club caught fire. Morgan added that students and the parents used water from a nearby reservoir to battle the blaze.
This contained the fire until firefighters arrived.
Morgan disclosed that the fire service responded promptly, adding that with the help of students and parents, they were able to avert what could have been a major catastrophe.
GFS Operations Officer, Compton Sparman said based on initial investigations by the fire service, the fire was deemed electrical in origin. The operations officer added that some electrical wiring fell onto some mattress, which caught afire.
Jun 23, 2021Kaieteur News – The Guyana Badminton Association Team of President Gokarn Ramdhani, Vice President Ayanna Watson and Secretary Emelia Ramdhani along with National and International Champions...
Kaieteur News – I met Leyland DeCambra at the beginning of the 70s. It was a friendship that has lasted ever since.... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders More commonality was shown by CARICOM countries in a vote on Tuesday June 15 at the Organisation of... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]