Sep 15, 2016 News Comments Off on 7- month-old baby electrocuted
Seven-month-old Corlene Williams was electrocuted yesterday morning at her home, 334 Second Field, Kaneville. Mother of the dead child, Olando Cambridge, told Kaieteur News that she had put her child down and went over to her sister’s house to fill drinking water to take home.
“Whilst I fulling de water I hear she grandmother holler out, and by time I reach back I see she running out and when I run in I see me daughter. And all I could do is pick she up and run out fuh meet de Hospital.”
According to Cambridge, she doesn’t have a clear idea of how her daughter was electrocuted. She said that her mother was the only person left in the house with the child. The grandmother was inconsolable and unable to relay exactly what transpired.
According to police information, the incident happened around 10:20Hrs. The child was reportedly left unattended in the living room on a chair next to a fan. At that time, the child’s father had left to take another child to school.
The seven-month-old was found wrapped up with electrical wire attached to the fan. It is unclear whether the electrical wire on the fan was exposed or whether the child was playing with the switch.
It was reported that the grandmother found the child holding on to the power cord with her eyes turning up. The police have since taken the fan to have it examined.
Sep 25, 2020United States based 8 year-old Guyanese athlete Alpha Harrison has been duly rewarded for a splendid year on the track in 2019 by being named USA Track and Field / New York Under-8 Athlete of the...
I am a senior citizen chalking up more than 50 years of fighting for rights over wrongs and 32 years of being a media operative... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]