Jan 29, 2016 News
– Melanie man detained
The search for Alpha United goalkeeper Ronson Williams and carpenter Carlos Anderson took an ominous turn
yesterday, with police issuing a wanted bulletin for a 41-year-old man, in connection
with the September 2015 abduction of the two friends.
They have also detained a brother-in-law of the missing football player. He has reportedly been in custody since last week.
Police yesterday appealed for information about the whereabouts of suspect Gary Mervin Primo, called ‘Gary Talkout’, in relation to “investigations into the abduction” of Williams and Anderson. Persons with information about his whereabouts can contact the police on telephone numbers 227-2128, 227-1149, 225-6411 226-7065, 911 or the nearest police station.
Williams, 28, and Anderson, 20, are said to have disappeared on September 10, 2015, after entering a silver-grey car in Bent Street, Georgetown. They had informed relatives that they were heading to a football match.
One suggestion is that their disappearance may be connected to a sum of money that one of the men had borrowed. Kaieteur News was told that detectives took Williams’ brother-in-law into custody last week. He is said to be still in custody.
Williams’ mother, Desiree Carter, said that her son came to her Bent Street home that evening and collected two pairs of pants and a jersey, and indicated that he was going to a girlfriend in Sophia before heading to the football match.
She said that when she looked out the window, it was to see that Williams was driving his friend’s car and
Anderson was in the passenger seat. She has not seen him since.
Carter said that she reported the matter to the police since September 15, while Carmelita Pestano Anderson, the mother of Carlos Anderson, reported the matter on September 13 at the Alberttown Police Station
Mrs. Anderson recalled calling her son, on his cell phone that night. “Around nine o’clock he say he at Tasha (the detained man’s sister). After that the phone went to voicemail.” She continued to receive a voicemail message up to December, when there were indications that the device was either disconnected or turned off.
Both mothers said that they had never heard anything unsavory about their sons. However, they both related hearing rumours about their sons over the past few months, ranging from claims that they had gone to Suriname, to claims that they had been murdered and their bodies burnt.
“A mother can’t know everything her son does,” Carmelita Anderson said. “But all I want to know is the truth. If he done something wrong, we all are human; we make mistakes. We want to know, because it has been close to four months. Even the car vanish.”
The family is offering a reward for any credible information pertaining to the disappearance of these two youths. Contact numbers are 592-678-1907 or 592-697-7738.
Jun 20, 2021National Senior Athletics Championships Kaieteur News – Arinze Chance and Aliyah Abrams did the expected and decimated their rivals to easily win the 400m finals at Athletics Guyana (AG) Senior...
Jun 20, 2021
Jun 20, 2021
Jun 20, 2021
Jun 20, 2021
Jun 19, 2021
By Sir Ronald Sanders More commonality was shown by CARICOM countries in a vote on Tuesday June 15 at the Organisation of... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]