May 10, 2015 News
– as hit man gives detailed statement to Crime Chief
Investigators have taken a detailed statement from a ‘Hit Man’ who claimed to have intimate knowledge of the
plot that led to the murder of businessman, Mohamed F Khan, last year.
They have also been able to obtain telephone records that corroborate the informant’s story.
The ‘Hit Man’ Lennox Wayne has already implicated a retired Assistant Commissioner of Police and a serving Sergeant attached to the Tactical Services Unit.
Kaieteur News understands that following the publication of an explosive statement that Wayne had given, detailing the whole plan surrounding Khan’s death, investigators escorted him from his cell in the Georgetown Prison to the headquarters of the Criminal Investigations Department where they obtained a further statement.
Wayne is currently on remand having been charged for the murder of Lusignan Cosmetologist, Ashmini Harriram.
Giving dates and locations which are consistent with information provided by Khan before his death, Wayne admitted to being part of the plot to kill Khan, but denied that he actually committed the murder.
Apart from the two policemen, Wayne has named a businessman who he claimed ordered the hit on Khan.
The businessman is said to be a former associate of Mohamed F khan with whom he had conducted a multi-million-dollar business.
Investigators have however not yet pulled in the persons he implicated for questioning and Wayne is now
expressing concern for his safety.
A senior police official told this newspaper that the information provided by Wayne has added new life to the investigations which at one time appeared to have reached a dead end.
Wayne, who admitted that he was once an informant for the police, is convinced that he is being framed for Harriram’s murder by the persons who orchestrated Mohamed F Khan’s death in an apparent effort to prevent him from exposing the scheme.
He decided to speak out since he claimed that he was short changed by the persons who orchestrated the hit as well as to ensure that Khan’s family gets justice.
Wayne said he was promised $500,000 to kill Khan but the Police Sergeant and his accomplices who had contracted him, refused to pay after the initial attempt failed.
Mohamed F Khan’s dismembered body was subsequently discovered on a dam at Cummings Lodge on September 23, last, a month after he disappeared.
The businessman had returned to Guyana to finalise a business arrangement with his lawyers after fleeing to neighbouring Venezuela following the earlier execution attempt.
In a three-page statement that this newspaper was able to obtain, Wayne claimed that on July 8, last year, he was contacted by the sergeant (name given) who requested that he “report to base”, base being the compound of the Tactical Services Unit.
When he got there he was told that there was job for him…that someone wanted him to kill Mohamed Khan.
Wayne said that the Sergeant took him to the West Bank of Demerara and showed him where Khan was staying.
At the time Khan was not at home so they waited several hours until he arrived for Wayne to get a good look at his target.
They left and Wayne alone returned the next day around 06:30 hours to carry out the hit. He positioned himself on his motorcycle and waited for the opportunity which took a while.
“I positioned myself outside the man home on my motorcycle and I start to trail him from when he left his house around lunch time until he reach in Georgetown,” Wayne wrote in his statement.
He claimed that he trailed Khan to a house on Barr Street, Kitty where he stayed for a while until it became dark.
A few weeks before he disappeared, Khan himself had told this newspaper about a visit to a friend in Kitty that very day where he watched a World Cup football game.
According to Wayne, he and the Sergeant followed Khan back over to the West Bank of Demerara and when the businessman made a stop at La Grange he decided to grab his opportunity.
“When we reached La Grange, I collected the equipment (weapon) from (name of policeman) and I end up rolling and I shot the man. After I shot him, he did not fall and die, he end up running and jump in a car. I left and ride away and (name of policemen) left and go behind him (Khan) at the station,” Wayne wrote in his statement.
Khan had described his shooter as a tall man who he recalled had police connections, a description that perfectly fits Wayne.
“When I look at him, I’m seeing a policeman…he looked like an old police that I knew. I said, ‘Tall Man wha wrong with you? Why you shooting at me man?’” Khan had related back in July when he was interviewed by this newspaper after the shooting.
Khan then left Guyana and according to Wayne, that move delayed his death.
“He was to return to the station the next day but he left and went away. If he had returned to the station, I would have finished the job when he walking out of La Grange Station because I was to collect a higher caliber weapon to do it, but Khan never showed up,” Wayne said.
But in August, Khan did return to Guyana and Wayne was contacted again.
He was told by the Sergeant that Khan was seen at his lawyer’s office on Hadfield Street. Wayne said that he was told to stake out the lawyer’s office to see when Khan was leaving. It was around 14:00 hours that Wayne spotted the target and informed the police Sergeant.
It was on this day that he saw the Retired Assistant Commissioner of Police who was also staking out the lawyer’s office for Khan.
According to Wayne, the police Sergeant subsequently pulled up with some other persons in a heavily tinted vehicle and they too waited for Khan to emerge.
When the businessman eventually left the lawyer’s office and boarded a taxi, the Police Sergeant and the Retired Assistant Commissioner followed him in their respective vehicles.
Wayne said that he was told to back off. “They told me they would take care of things from here.”
He said that after Khan vanished a second time and weeks passed, he decided to ask the policeman, who had contracted him, about his payment.
“They tell me that they can’t get into trouble and I don’t have no money to get,” Wayne said in his statement.
But now that the statement is out in the public domain, Wayne has said that he is being extra careful with his dealings in the Camp Street Prison.
“The most they would try to do, to be honest, is try and get rid of me,” he added.
Wayne explained that when he first went to prison for the Harriram murder, his visits were being properly monitored with a prison officer screening all visitors.
“But now, the prison wardens does get lackadaisical and I feel they should put better measures in place,” Wayne stated.
He said that he is not worried about admitting that he did shoot Khan at La Grange.
“I never get any money for the shooting over the river, not even twenty dollar. Although Khan did not die when I shot him, I still supposed to get something. Is not me fault that he did not die. The main thing was that the man get hit, I did my part,” Wayne stated.
“All they keep telling me was, ‘man you [email protected]#k up, you [email protected]#k up.’ When I call them, the most they would do is to send a $300 top up for my phone,” he added.
He said that he is terribly upset by the way he was treated especially since he had helped the policemen in their normal legal duties in the past.
“I was on the operation when they killed the three youth man outside K&VC, even the set at Diamond. I does be on a set of operations because I am a man of the streets,” said Wayne, who explained that he became known to the police after serving a 10-year sentence for armed robbery.
“I used to thief and after helping the police a couple of times, they promised me they will clear my background because every time I go for a job I getting turn down. But all they did was used me and tried to make me a gunman,” Wayne stated.
“When they charged me with the Lusignan murder, they are trying to make me look like a criminal and they don’t know me when in fact I was police intelligence,” he added.
Jun 18, 2021Kaieteur News – Veteran Guyanese cyclist, Raymond ‘Steely’ Newton, a member of We Stand United Cycle Club is set to compete at New York’s Premiere Professional/Amateur and Community...
Jun 18, 2021
Jun 18, 2021
Jun 18, 2021
Jun 18, 2021
Jun 17, 2021
Kaieteur News – Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, has lost power in a confidence motion in which the voting... more
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]