Dear Sports Editor,
Quite recently a number of persons have been writing lots of negative stuff with regards to football in Guyana. Prior to those letters Mr. Christopher Matthias you were very vocal and visible telling the public about the many changes that you are making in the Federation.
You have been preaching continuously of the changes that you have implemented that will make the GFF a model Federation. You have been preaching of Accountability, Transparency and Integrity. You have been preaching of being Administratively Correct.
You have been preaching being politically correct. You have been preaching of reforming football, changing the mindset and the thinking of Guyanese. You have chastised and castigated the past regime headed by Mr. Colin Klass and subsequently Mr. Franklin Wilson.
But Mr. President, where is the evidence. I will attempt to ask a few questions which I expect you to
answer honestly because from sources around football it was found out that you have been telling lots of untruths that will be made public eventually.
1. Can you tell the nation what is the true position with the Goal Project and why did you depart from the land that is owned by the GFF? Remember the GFF spent thousands of dollars to acquire the land and it is a GFF asset, so why let it go to waste?
2. Can you tell the nation what has transpired with the forensic audit that you instructed to do after the 2012 finances were already audited by another reputable Auditing Firm? And can you tell us if the 2nd other Auditing Firm’s price was double or triple the amount of the 1st Firm? In other
words 2 Firms were paid to do the same audit, is that so?
3. Can you please say why has FIFA not released much needed funds so that football can be organized and played properly? Is it that they are awaiting for the GFF to be properly constituted? Please let the public know?
4. How can you as a President run an organization and your staff, who you adore so much have not been paid since June and you are not telling them when they will be paid? These people have family, bills to pay and have a daily life to live; they all have no other form of income unlike you
who has your own company? A caring President would have ensured that his staff received their salary; you have the wherewithal to ensure that they are compensated, do something for them.
5. Can you say, what is the position with the money that Banks DIH owes the GFF for the long completed Premier League? You have been telling other businesses and debtors who you owe that Banks has money for you and you will pay them as soon as Banks pay you.
6. Can you explain to us why you did not bring back youngsters like Pernell Schultz and Trayon Bobb to represent the National Team, yet you brought back the older player like Walter Moore who is on the way out, saying that you are building for the future? Does that make sense?
7. Mr. President, can you say how you are starting another Premier League and to date you have not paid the winning teams their prizes, you have not paid the Referees and other officials, you have not paid the Bus services, you have not paid the ground rentals, tell us how is this
proposed league going to be played?
8. How come you entered the Female U-17 team to play in a CFU Competition, yet there is no proper league for female football at any age group in Guyana?
9. Why are you entering teams to represent Guyana with little time for them to train, knowing very well that the players are not playing properly organized football in their respective locations? Please explain.
10. Why have the Referees who officiated in the Digicel and Amerindian Heritage Football Tournaments have not been paid although you have received the money? Digicel is in excess of $1million and the Amerindian Heritage is approximately $200,000? Where is the money? Yet we are hearing about accountability and transparency?
11. Why did you withdraw the Beach Soccer Team from participating in the tournament, knowing very well that there was a possibility that Guyana would be fined?
12. Can you say why you are the only Executive left standing? The last executive member that supported you is not travelling from Berbice to help you anymore, I wonder why?
13. Can you say why since you came into office that so many people have resigned or left the GFF? The last count was nine persons, I wonder who is next? Is that the signs of a crumbling empire.
14. Why is it that news reporters who supported you are now turning against you?
15. Do FIFA knows that you have breached many Constitutional requirements of the GFF?
Mr. President those are some of the questions that we as Guyanese want to know more. Your non action has made Mr. Klass and company look extremely good.
Maybe all is not lost, answer the above questions truthfully and sincerely and maybe, I say maybe you can pull things back.
Mar 23, 2019Yesterday Bakewell of Beterverwagting (BV) on the East Coast and Telephone Company Digicel made presentations of tickets to youths from several communities including BV, Linden, Kingston and...
Mar 23, 2019
Mar 23, 2019
Mar 23, 2019
Mar 23, 2019
Mar 23, 2019
The Court of Appeal has ruled that the no-confidence vote (NCV) was not valid. The APNU+AFC government is legal up to the... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]