A young father and his 21-month-old son are nursing burns about their bodies at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation.
This was after the coalpot on which 23-year-old Kevin Madramootoo was cooking, exploded when he poured gasoline onto the “already smoking wood” that was in the cooking device.
The father and his son, Alex Madramootoo of Turkeyen were rushed to the health institution around 13:00hrs yesterday and were immediately seen by doctors.
The older Madramootoo was heard crying out for pain from a distance while little Alex was unconscious in the Accident and Emergency Unit.
According to reports, Kevin, a security guard at a city hotel, was about to cook food for his dogs when he realized that he was out of kerosene.
He decided to use gasoline as a substitute and poured it onto the “smoldering” wood in the coal pot.
“He say when he throw the gasoline, everything flare up and his son hold on to he that’s how come he too get burn,” a hospital source said.
Yesterday, when Kaieteur News visited the security guard’s home, his wife, Iyanah Fernandez said that she was in her room nursing her three-month-old baby when she heard her husband and son screaming.
“When I run out, I see my son face, his back and head red, red and my husband foot and so get burn up,” Fernandez explained. She added that her mother-in-law rushed her son and husband to the hospital.
Up to press time, both father and son were in the hospital’s Emergency Unit.
Aug 09, 2020By Zaheer Mohamed It is the dream of every young cricketers to play at the highest level and while it is understood that not all of them will reach the pinnacle of the sport, one would expect that...
Freedom of speech is our core value at Kaieteur News. If the letter/e-mail you sent was not published, and you believe that its contents were not libellous, let us know, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]