Doctors at the Georgetown Public Hospital were up to press time, yesterday, trying to save the life of an Enterprise, East Coast Demerara man who ingested a large amount of gramoxone.
The man, 38-year-old Jagdeep Balroop, was rushed to the hospital around 16:00 hours yesterday by relatives.
This newspaper was told that the man was seen by relatives vomiting uncontrollably, moments after a heated argument with his wife.
After being questioned, Balroop admitted to relatives that he had ingested a poisonous substance.
Meanwhile, at the hospital the man told investigators that he found out that his pregnant wife was having an affair and that he is not certain the baby she is carrying is his.
Also at the hospital as relatives stood with the man, waiting for him to be seen by a doctor, he made several attempt to run away.
Sep 22, 2019In overcast conditions at the Everest located a ‘stone’s throw’ from mighty Atlantic Ocean, day two activities in three-day Indigenous Heritage Games continued yesterday and climaxed late into...
By Sir Ronald Sanders “Hurricane Hell” and “The Bahamas is at war being attacked by Hurricane Dorian. And yet The... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]