Sep 03, 2008 News Comments Off on Release clandestine video footage of criminals, cohorts aback of Buxton
Fine Man’s diary must also be made public – Ramjattan
In light of the recent killings of some of the members of the Rondell ‘Fine Man’ Rawlins gang, Alliance for Change Chairman Khemraj Ramjattan says that the way has been cleared and there is now no excuse for President Bharrat Jagdeo to release the purported footage of the gang operating in Buxton.
According to Ramjattan, the public has a right to know who were the people “cavorting with the beasts.”
President Jagdeo had earlier in the year announced that the security forces are in possession of video tapes that contain gripping evidence of the ‘Fine Man’ (Rondell Rawlins) gang operating on the East Coast and it was very likely that persons whose images appeared on a tape recording meeting with gunmen in Buxton could be detained soon.
It has been several months now but only persons who have allegedly committed several heinous crimes have been shot and killed by the Joint Services.
“Some people would be embarrassed. The same people who run around the place and call for inquiries and speak about the Joint Services, they will be thoroughly embarrassed,” the president remarked about the footage.
He went on to say that when the footage is released, “You are going to see some very damning things come out about linkages. I know for sure, because I see the security forces’ reports…Now I have seen a lot of political figures are linked, too.”
He said that the video footage existed even before the Lusignan massacre.
However, the tape was not released because it would have compromised the clandestine operation that led to the footage being obtained.
This is the basis of Ramjattan’s comment of there being no more excuses, given that most if not all of the criminals on the tape are dead.
Jagdeo had explained that some of the footage was taken from houses in Buxton and a release of the tape would have shown the angle from which it was taken.
The other set of footage was taken by informants who had hidden cameras and who were sitting next to the criminals.
“If we make that public, we would betray who the informants were and the houses from which the surveillance was taken. But clearly when the faces were extracted from the footage, and they were available to the security forces, they(the forces) looked at them even before Lusignan,” according to the President.
Apart from “Fine Man” and Jermaine Charles called Skinny, several persons whose images were purportedly extracted from the footage have been shot and killed by the Joint Services in recent months.
Among the men fingered in the released photographs and now dead are 17-year-old Otis Fiffee, called ‘Mud Up’; Cecil Ramcharran, 42, and Uncle Willie and Robin Chung, called ‘Chung Boy’, 16.
FINE MAN’S DIARY
Ramjattan yesterday emphasized that the diary that was found following the Christmas Falls shootout with the gang members must also be released.
He noted that this was necessary for the public to understand the darker side of Rawlins and would assist with a greater understanding of his motives.
He noted that the contents of the diary must also be studied to find out the root causes of what drove him to commit such heinous acts, noting that it could be used to prevent reoccurrences.
According to police, the diary had made mention of the Lusignan massacre and the death of his sister Marcyn King.
May 25, 2020Police Progressive Youth Club (PPYC) middle distance athlete, Aaliyah Moore, has joined the long list of Guyanese student-athlete alumni at New York’s Munroe College after recently being accepted...
May 25, 2020
May 25, 2020
May 25, 2020
May 24, 2020
May 24, 2020
In one of my columns (Saturday, May 16, 2020, “Someone has to advise APNU+AFC leadership not to talk”), I opined that... more
By Sir Ronald Sanders Caribbean countries are, once again, being placed in a difficult position as they try to navigate... more
Editor’s Note, If your sent letter was not published and you felt its contents were valid and devoid of libel or personal attacks, please contact us by phone or email.
Feel free to send us your comments and/or criticisms.
Contact: 624-6456; 225-8452; 225-8458; 225-8463; 225-8465; 225-8473 or 225-8491.
Or by Email: [email protected] / [email protected]