Breaking News…Sleeping toddlers perish in East Coast fire

May 24, 2011 | By | Filed Under News 

Two toddlers left at home alone perished yesterday in an early morning fire that destroyed the family’s shack at Dazelle Housing Scheme, East Coast Demerara.
Julius De Clou, six, and his four-year-old brother, Josiah, were reportedly asleep when their mother, 27-year-old Ashona Letlow, left to go to a nearby house to iron a school shirt.
By the time she returned, the fire had already consumed the one bedroom building located on the reserve between the communities of Bare Roots and Dazelle Housing Scheme.
She had taken her one- year-old baby with her.
It is unclear how the blaze started, since Ms. Letlow claimed that she had put out her kerosene stove before leaving home.

If you find a comment distasteful or inappropriate, you can flag the comment and send us a report for immediate removal. Send report to
Kaieteur News reserves the rights to moderate any comment deemed inappropriate and is not responsible for the views expressed.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest News Headlines

>>> Click to see more...

Updated by Kaieteur News Personnel. All Rights Reserved. A GxMedia website solution.