No arrests yet in killing of Barbados-based contractor
Barbados police are yet to make any headway in their investigations into the brutal slaying of 43-year-old Guyanese contractor, Aubrey Buntin-October.
Contacted at her home yesterday, the victim’s Barbadian wife, Whitney Morris-Buntin, told Kaieteur News that no arrests had been made. She disclosed that an autopsy was performed on her spouse’s remains on Thursday, but the details had not been released to her.
Mrs. Morris-Buntin also said that the authorities have assured her that they are “on the case.”
According to the widow, her spouse had received no threats that she was aware of.
Meanwhile, the slain man’s mother, Yvette Buntin-October, has also traveled to Barbados to seek information about her son’s murder and to look into the interests of two of his children, who live in Guyana.
But she complained that she is being kept in the dark about his business affairs, and is preparing to seek assistance from Guyana’s Honorary Consulate in Barbados. Relatives said that the victim and his wife had been living separately for about two years. Aubrey Buntin-October, called “Tall Man,” was gunned down almost two weeks ago.
Reports out of Barbados said that his bullet-riddled body was found in a pool of blood at the entrance of his residence No. 229 Marquis Boulevard, Crystal Heights, Clermont, St Michael.
According to the reports, robbery appeared to be the motive. Neighbours reportedly heard gunfire around 05:00 hrs.
Relatives said that Buntin-October, who has five children, grew up in Agricola, East Bank Demerara. He migrated to Barbados over ten years ago and set up a successful contracting business.