Baby chokes on perfume bottle cover
A one-year-old girl was pronounced dead on arrival at the Bartica Hospital after she swallowed the cover from a perfume bottle.
The child, Niaomi Aaron, was rushed to the hospital by her mother Wanda McKensky, of Three and a Half Mile, Bartica, after she was observed choking.
The incident occurred around 6:30 pm. Kaieteur News understands that the child was playing on the floor when she picked up the cork and placed it in her mouth.
No one saw her until she had already swallowed it and had begun to choke.
Up to late last night investigators were questioning the child’s mother.